Fresh mango plump, vibrant and ripe mangoes are used to prepare this perfect and mouth-watering vinegar. Mango vinegar brings the real meaning of the tropics to your dishes. This vinegar is the first made in our line which goes great with fish, seafood salads, and in cocktails. It has a full definite flavor great for topping off many combinations of dishes. It works well on deserts in addition to having savory applications. Just two shots on some iced club soda water and you have a delicious beverage to cool those hot summer months. Mix with Passion Fruit Vinegar to create an erotic fruit blend which is sure to compliment any seafood prepared. For some great ideas go to the "Recipes" tab.
- Filtered Water
- Cane Sugar
- Ascorbic Acid
- Apple Pectin
1. The phenolic compound found in mango vinegar, such as quercetin, isoquercitrin, astragalin, fisetin, and methylgallat, have been shown to have antioxidant and anticancer properties. Mango vinegar is also high in pectin. Research has shown that pectin has a protective effect against cancers of the gastrointestinal tract.
2. Mango vinegar is very helpful in treating digestion problems. It contains digestive enzymes that help break down protein to facilitate absorption in the body, thus improving digestion. The fiber content in mango vinegar also helps indigestion.
3. Mango vinegar is an excellent source of vitamin A, vitamin E and Selenium which help to protect against heart disease. Mango vinegar is also rich in vitamin B6 which plays a role in preventing heart disease by lowering homocysteine levels. Homocysteine is an amino acid in the blood which damages blood vessel linings.
4. The high level of pectin and Vitamin C in mango vinegar has been shown to lower cholesterol levels, predominantly LDL (bad) Cholesterol.
5. It is high in potassium, it may help in regulating blood pressure levels. Therefore, using mango vinegar regularly can help to lower blood pressure.